Digital transactions are on the rise today, and Paytm is currently one of the most popular digital banking methods in India.
Based out of Noida in Uttar Pradesh, this financial service has been expanding year after year to become a favorite payment method amongst users. Ever since its inception in 2010, it has grown to accommodate more than 7 million merchants across the country. The same holds for online merchants in India, with most of them accepting Paytm as one of their payment methods.
Mobile payments can be easily made through Paytm, but that’s not all this financial service offers. Paytm also offers online shopping and digital wallets to customers as well. This award-winning app has crossed several milestones (including over 100 million downloads on mobile) and has consistently provided customers with a hassle-free and secure payment method for the past decade.
Of course, Indian players at online casinos can also use Paytm for their deposits and withdrawals. It is quick, easy, and simple, which is why Paytm is now the preferred banking method amongst Indian players.
How To Use Paytm On An Online Casino In India
Using Paytm to make deposits and withdrawals at an online casino in India might seem complicated initially, but not to worry. Once you have got the hang of it, making payments with Paytm is pretty simple. Let’s go over the steps that you will use to make deposits using Paytm at most online casinos:
- You will first need to set up an account with Paytm. We have gone over the steps you need to follow in order to create an account below.
- You will then need to link your bank account with your Paytm account.
- Next, you have to transfer money into your Paytm wallet. Go to “Add money” on your Paytm account and choose any of the following options to fund your Paytm wallet.
- Head on over to your online casino and login into your account.
- Choose the option that allows you to make deposits. This is usually labeled as “Deposits,” “My Account,” or “Payments.”
- Select either “Net banking” or “UPI” as your deposit option.
- You will then need to enter your VPA. Head back to your Paytm app and locate your VPA (UPI ID). This should be available under your profile.
- Copy your VPA and go back to your online casino.
- Paste your VPA into the space provided.
- You will then be redirected to Paytm, where you will be asked to confirm the payment.
- Enter your PIN number and make the transaction.
- Head back to your online casino and check whether the payment has been confirmed. If you have not received a confirmation, just remember that it might take a minute or two.
- Once you have received the confirmation, you can begin playing!
- In case you did not receive confirmation from your online casino, you can shoot their customer support an email or a chat message to check what went wrong.
Advantages Of Using Paytm For Online Casino
Using Paytm at online casinos brings with it several advantages to players. Some of these advantages include:
- Super-fast transactions
Most online casinos offer instant transactions if you are using an e-wallet to complete your deposits and withdrawals. As such, the transactions made with Paytm will most likely reflect in your account within 24 hours (or 48 hours at the most). In fact, if the casino you are playing at offers instant withdrawals, then the amount might even reflect immediately in your online account.
- Secure transactions
If you are playing at an online casino, then security is paramount. This is especially true when it comes to your hard-earned money. Paytm lives up to the Data Security Standards set by the Payment Card Industry and offers 128-bit encryption to users, which means that you are bound to get 100% secure payment gateways. Paytm is also regulated by the RBI (Reserve Bank of India), and as such, your money is completely safe.
- Excellent privacy
Paytm uses strict SSL encryption and ensures that none of your private information and data is leaked to third parties. Everything you do on this payment gateway is completely confidential.
Paytm offers an excellent, easy-to-use platform that makes payments quick and simple. The entire process is completed within a few simple clicks, which means that you can make deposits and withdrawals in a flash.
Benefits Of Using Paytm
There are so many benefits to using Paytm as a payment option at online casinos. Some of them have been elaborated below:
- No fees
Most online casinos do not charge an extra transaction fee when you use an e-wallet such as Paytm.
- Make payments “on the move”
With Paytm, you can make your deposits and withdrawals from your mobile. This means that you can play at online casinos even when you are traveling or on the move.
- Worry-free refunds
Paytm is excellent when it comes to providing refunds for accidental transactions.
Regular users of Paytm get access to several cashback schemes, which can be pretty handy in the long run.
- Customer Care
Paytm offers 24/7 customer care to users. This can be useful if you ever face any problems with payments while playing at an online casino.
How To Set Up An Account With Paytm In India
Paytm has made the registration process super quick and straightforward for new users. The entire process of setting up an account can be completed in just a few simple steps. All you have to do is:
- Go to the website of Paytm and click on “Sign up” on the homepage.
- Enter your email address, password, and phone number.
- Click on ‘Create your Paytm wallet.’
- You will be sent a six-digit OTP number to the phone number that you entered.
- Enter the OTP number and create your Paytm wallet.
If you are using Paytm to make deposits and withdrawals at your online casino, you must also verify your account. For this, you will have to complete the KYC process as well. You can do this by following the steps given below:
- Login to Paytm and click on the KYC option.
- Enter your Aadhar number.
- You will be sent an OTP number to your mobile.
- Enter the OTP and complete the KYC.
If you do not have an Aadhar card, then the KYC process is slightly more complicated. You will have to choose any of the other document options available and then wait for a KYC agent to visit your house and complete the process. Please note that you will be required to fill in your home address if you choose this option.
Paytm Frequently Asked Questions
Most online casinos do not charge any fees for making transactions using e-wallets. However, some casinos do charge a fee. As such, it would be advisable for you to check the Terms and Conditions at your online casino before making a withdrawal using Paytm.
Yes, most casinos keep withdrawal limits no matter which payment method you use for your withdrawals. You will be informed of the limit when you are making the transaction. You can also get this information by visiting the FAQ section or the ‘Payments’ section of the online casino’s website.